Essential Resources for Mission Agencies & Mission Partners
We are very aware that the mission sector is not exempt from the Covid-19 situation and we know mission agencies and mission partners have been impacted physically, emotionally, financially and mentally. We are so thankful that in times like these we can lean on Jesus. The staff here at Global Connections are continually praying for our members and the Covid-19 crisis that has hit our world. We are also thankful for the abundance of useful advice, resources and thought-provoking articles that have cropped up since coronavirus hit our shores. We have collated some of this information below and hope that you find this page useful.
If you would also like to receive relevant information directly into your inbox, consider signing up to receive Network News, our monthly e-newsletter. You can sign up here.
A blog article from Ted Lankester (Arukah Network and Thrive Worldwide).
This short video seminar from GC members UFM helps church leaders to think through how best to support mission partners.
Data sources include Johns Hopkins University, Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, Statista, China Center for Disease Control & Prevention, Google News, New York Times, The Guardian
The International Christian Medical & Dental Association (UK) shares some helpful Covid-19 resources.
ACC’s Counselling Support Service has been set up to help people of all faiths and none who are experiencing difficult feelings, thoughts and circumstances due to Covid-19.
Recent news on Covid-19 has been foreboding for churches and charities, with the National Council for Voluntary Organisations estimating that UK charities will lose £4.3 billion in funding in the first 12 weeks of the crisis alone. This report seeks to answer three keys questions surrounding the impact of Covid-19 on Christian charities.
An interesting article exploring how a new narrative will be required as mission workers return to the new ‘normal’.
Podcast series made for those who want to serve and help those in need during and after lockdown.
Lausanne leaders from across the world are responding to the pandemic, producing helpful resources and sharing valuable insights from their unique perspectives.
An online retreat for those who have returned suddenly or prematurely from their place of mission service.
- How to Help Guides from SIL:
- Staff Wellbeing - a guide promoting the wellbeing of staff
- Staff Care - a guide to connecting well to your staff during Covid-19
- Mental Health - a page with a set of resources with basic mental health principles and links
- TCK Resources - care resources for families
The Community Development Network share resources they are piloting in Zambia and Malawi.
Webinar recordings and resources from All Nations Christian College. These sessions wrestle with important questions and seek God’s guidance to prepare and direct us in the paradigm shift we are entering.
Operation World share their findings on the impact and implications of the Covid-19 pandemic in this free ebook.
A video webinar from the Lausanne movement exploring how the world can help the poor and most vulnerable cope with the devastating effects of the pandemic.
- HealthLink360 services during lockdown
- A world on pause: mental health during lockdown (a reflective article)
Our members HealthLink360 are still able to offer medical and psychological support during this time of ‘lockdown’. For those who were due to come back to the UK on home leave and are having to defer this, remote support may be needed. Alternatively, those who have returned early due to the pandemic may be having a difficult time adjusting in the midst of social distancing and self-isolation. HealthLink360 can help.
Talent Trust is committed to providing coverage for missionaries during the coronavirus outbreak and beyond.
- Government guidance:
- Articles by Eddie Arthur:
- Where to now? Explores some of the potential issues mission agencies may find themselves facing as a result of coronavirus.
- Global or Local Dealing with the current pandemic will take global cooperation, but it will need to be applied at a local level.
- The Future of Mission in one minute A one minute video that outlines the impact of Coronavirus on mission.
- Lessons for Lockdown from Cross-Cultural Work Some tips in thie guest blog from Eddie Arthur.
- Advice from our members Thrive Worldwide:
- Articles from The Gospel Coalition:
- Leaders, pace yourself during quarantine - A pastor shares his own experience of how over exertion can affect leadership.
- Fundraising in a financial crisis - worried about how you are going to keep your missionary support or fund your non-profit during this crisis? Here are five steps to help you navigate this season of financial uncertainty.
- How forced withdrawal might further mission - An article exploring how church planters can steward this time effectively.
- Advice from Christian Vocations:
Hope 15:13 shares some helpful ideas for evangelism during this time.
- Short videos and articles from GC members Forge Leadership Consultancy:
- Response. Recovery. Reconstruction - what we can learn from Disaster Relief to inform our response to the coronavirus over the next 18 months.
- Persevere. Pivot. Pioneer - three strategic questions every leader needs to be asking right now.
- Leaders - what next? - Simon Barrington explores what we can learn from decades of emergency responses to prepare for recovery and reconstruction after COVID-19.
- A selection of articles, podcasts and webinars from doctor, author, speaker and research scientist, John Wyatt
- Creating and running an online conference via Zoom
Master this new skill of yours by following this helpful advice.
- Advice from GC members Anthony Collins Solicitors:
Our members Arukah Network have composed an article where Global Health expert Dr. Ted Lankester answers your questions.
Articles from GC members OMF:
- Lessons from lockdown
- What culture shock can teach us during Covid-19
- Thriving in lockdown: 8 tips from missionaries who keep in contact with loved ones across the world
- Violence against children: a hidden crisis of the covid-19 pandemic
Leaders of organisations committed to ending violence against children come together in solidarity to share deep concern, call for action and pledge support to protect children from violence and reduce the impact of Covid-19 on children in every country and community.
Stewardship has created a directory of resources to help charities through the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- Informative videos and advice from Action Planning:
- Leading in a crisis – Mark’s story - Mark Goldring (former CEO of Oxfam, Mencap and VSO) shares his experience of leading in difficult times.
Leadership in the time of corona – David’s story - This article from David Bull, a Management Consultant and Mentor with 32 years’ experience as an international charity CEO, shares five things that are worth thinking about during this time of corona.
Feeling helpless – Claire’s story - Claire’s story encourages charities to think creatively during this time.
How can virtual meetings help your charity remain effective? - Tips for holding meetings online.
If you have a resource you’d like to share, please email it to Telene at email@example.com